While spending hours at the gym, shelling out a small fortune on skin care, and focusing on the latest and greatest makeup trends many can forget a key part of anti-aging. That is taking care of your hands. Many focus solely on their body, or face easily forgetting that hands are an obvious give away for your age.Take Madonna for instance, who from the neck up looks in her early 40’s with a practically wrinkle free complexion. Yet, her hands give away her actual age of 58 demonstrating just how important hand care is. In this article we will discuss 7 ways to prevent aging hands and keep them looking young and fresh.
Prevent aging hands
1) Wear Sunblock:Applying sunscreen to the face is constantly stressed, but it is just as important to do the same to our hands! Sun damage is definitely the biggest culprit when it comes to aging and we can not stress how important this tip is. It is important for us to make it a habit that once sunscreen is applied to the face it is also to the hands.
2) Exfoliate:Again, this is a big part of keeping a healthy facial complexion, and also applies to the skin on your hands. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and reveals healthier skin underneath. You can purchase body exfoliators that you can use on your hands, or make a customized one using common house hold ingredients!
3) Hydrate:This tip will definitely help in the long run. Drinking lots of water and eating nourishing foods with lots of anti-oxidants can really make a difference when it comes to skincare.
4) Avoid Chemicals:It is important to know that regular household items such as hand soap and dish soup can irritate the skin. Hair care and other beauty products can also do the same. Avoid chemicals by choosing organic and natural products that do not contain harsh chemicals. A little change like this can go a long way for your hands.
5) Get Frequent Manicures:Keeping up with cuticles and nail care is vital in order to keep hands looking young and attractive. However, one should also take a break from the polish every other manicure in order to make sure nails can recover from the last coat.
6) Get Filler Treatment:Many don’t realize a quick and relatively painless way to achieve younger looking hands is by using filler injections. Fillers work in nearly every area of the face and they also work on your hands. Here at WellMedica we provide Hyaluronic Acid based fillers like Restylane, and Juvederm. Restylane and Juvederm are both used when doctors want to add volume and fullness to the skin to prevent wrinkles and folds making it a great option for the hands. We also provide Bellafill for the hands which delivers the same results as Restylane and Juvederm, but lasts longer than other fillers making it a better option for some. If interested in receiving fillers to prevent aging hands go here to book a consultation.
These results were achieved with the filler Bellafill
7) Get Laser Treatment:Here at WellMedica we offer a treatment called Venus Freeze which can be used on the hands to reverse signs of aging. Venus Legacy uses an advanced VariPulse technology – an adjustable suction feature that gently lifts the skin upward, allowing for deeper penetration of energy into the skin to further stimulate lymphatic drainage and healthy circulation. The healing response causes the stimulation of new collagen to form, while also increasing the production of new elastin fibers and fibroblasts – resulting in a the appearance of tighter, more smooth looking skin. This treatment is extremely safe, and great for all skin types. Many compare their experience with Venus to feeling like a “hot-stone massage.” If you would like to learn more about Venus Freeze to prevent aging hands you can click here.If you have any further questions on this treatment, or would like to learn more on how to prevent aging hands in general you can call our office today at 703.787.9866, and book a consultation with our Board Certified Cosmetic Laser Surgeon, Dr. Dima.
These results were achieved after one Venus Freeze Treatment